Record Store Day Drops 2020 - Sept 26
A loving tribute to Wilco from the November issue of Uncut magazine, this collection comprises 19 Wilco covers recorded by notable artists such as Courtney Barnett, Kurt Vile, Sharon Van Etten, Low, Cate Le Bon and Parquet Courts, including one previously released version of “Jesus, Etc.” by Norah Jones’ band Puss N Boots and one recently unearthed (but never released) cover of “Casino Queen” by Billy F Gibbons of ZZ Top fame. There is not a weak moment on this album and many outstanding ones. Sure to appeal to the rabid Wilco fan base the CD which accompanied the magazine sold out quickly and is no longer available.
1. Cate Le Bon - Company In My Back, 2. Parquet Courts - I Got Drugs (At The End Of The Century), 3. Courtney Barnett - Dawned On Me, 4. Whitney - Far Far Away, 5. Kurt Vile - Passenger Side, 6. Low - War On War, 7. Ohmme - Kicking Television, 8. Mountain Man - You and I, 9. Ryley Walker - Love Is Everywhere (Beware), 10. Jen Cloher - Impossible Germany, 11. James Elkington - Black Moon, 12. Sharon Von Etten - Radio Cure, 13. Liam Kazar - Sunloathe, 14. Kacy & Clayton - How to Fight Loneliness, 15. Puss N Boots - Jesus Etc., 16. The Handsome Family - Capitol City, 17. Twin Peaks - Spiders (Kidsmoke), 18. Yo La Tengo - If I Ever Was A Child, 19. Billy F Gibbons - Casino Queen
For the 30th anniversary of one of the most symbolic concerts of all time, this truly unique release features the 1990 Berlin performance of The Wall, Roger Waters’ landmark, concept album. Recorded in former no-man’s land between the Brandenburg Gate and Potsdamer Platz just months after the fall of the Berlin Wall, the live spectacular was watched by more than 500,000 fans. Features a string of special guest talent: Van Morrison, The Band, Cyndi Lauper and more. Limited edition double LP cut at Abbey Road. Pressed on 180g clear colored vinyl.
LP 1 / SIDE A –
1. In The Flesh?, 2. The Thin Ice, 3. Another Brick In the Wall (Part One), 4. The Happiest Days Of Our Lives, 5. Another Brick In the Wall (Part Two), 6. Mother
LP 1 / SIDE B –
1. Goodbye Blue Sky, 2. Empty Spaces, 3. Young Lust, 4. Oh My God, What A Fabulous Room, 5. One Of My Turns, 6. Don't Leave Me Know, 7. Another Brick In the Wall (Part Three), 8. Goodbye Cruel World
LP 2 / SIDE A –
1. Hey You, 2. Is There Anybody Out There?, 3. Nobody Home, 4. Vera, 5. Bring The Boys Back Home, 6. Comfortably Numb
LP 2 / SIDE B –
1. In the Flesh, 2. Run Like Hell, 3. Waiting For The Worms, 4. Stop, 5. The Trial, 6. The Tide Is Turning (After Live Aid)
Mike Watt, legendary bassist behind Minutemen, fIREHOSE, Dos, and so much more, is the latest to release a cover of a Squeeze song for Record Store Day. Mike teams up with his Secondmen for a cover of 'In Quintessence,' the opening track from Squeeze's 1981 album East Side Story. This is the fifth installment from the Swindles series and was produced and engineered by Squeeze-aficionado Steve Mandel. This is the first time Mike's version of "In Quintessence" has ever been released and will be available as a 45 single, with the vocal version on the A-side and the instrumental version on the B-side, for Record Store Day 2020.
SIDE A: In Quintessence SIDE B: In Quintessence (Instrumental)
Nightjar is the eighth studio album from Marty Willson-Piper (The Church, All About Eve, Noctorum), originally released in 2008. Considered by many fans to be the best record of MWP's career, this will be the first time it has ever been released on vinyl. Pressed on limited edition red vinyl with new artwork design on inside gatefold. Download card included.
A new project from MWP, Moat, will have a new album called Poison Stream in June 2020.
1. No One There 2. More is Less 3. Lullaby for the Lonely 4. The Sniper 5. Feed Your Mind 6. High Down Below 7. I Must’ve Fallen 8. The Love You Never Had 9. Song for Victor Jara 10. A Game for Losers
Würm was formed in 1973 by bass player Chuck Dukowski, who would later join Black Flag. Inspired by the retrospective album, Exhumed, which was released for Black Friday 2018, Würm is now reuniting! They have recorded their first new tracks in nearly 40 years for this Record Store Day exclusive 7" vinyl release.
"Poison" / "Zero Sum"
Founder Marie Daulne's mixed cultural roots--Walloon and Bantu (Belgian and Pygmee)--were the stimulus for her musical creation. After studying with the Bantu and in Europe, she organized Zap Mama as an instrument to meld a synthesis of these previously separate traditions. She instantly stood the vocal world on its head by mixing multiple musical styles, performing them with a group of women who created such rhythmic wonder that everyone sat up and took notice. This, their first release, has many tunes with Pygmee yodel and chant, a 16th century Spanish song, a Cuban song, and elements of Syrian songs. It was the first World Music 'hit' selling over 200,000 copies in the US alone. Available for the first time on vinyl. And on magenta splatter color vinyl too!
1. Mupepe 2. Bottom 3. Brrlak! 4. Abadou 5. Take Me Coco 6. Plekete 7. Mizike 8. Babanzele 9. Din Din 10. I Ne Suhe 11. Guzophela 12. Nabombeli Yo 13. Marie-Josee 14. Ndje Mukanie 15. Son Cubano